Saturday, March 10, 2012

AKUSMATIC - In a Minimal Mood - minimal deep techno

I love it when I get connected with new (to me) artists via Twitter and the blogosphere. A DJ/beatmaker out of Germany named Akusmatic recently followed me on Twitter and I checked out his stuff - I'm really digging his minimal techno work. It's all quite nice, steady beats that trance you out and chill you out at the same time - not too fast, not too slow. His sounds also have an organic feel, something natural about them - I think its in the structure of the beats - there's nothing too overwhelming, like he knows that simplicity and perfect repetition can go a long way. It helps that the guy is a trained bass player and percussionist. Check it out and follow him on twitter @akusmatic

No comments:

Blog Archive