Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Dear Kanye, give props to Daft Punk...

I just got the new iPod nano. I turn it on and the first song that plays on my first listen is Kanye's "Stronger." Love the song, but I think I was in the mood for Daft Punk "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger."

Kanye's sampling is amazing, and I hope people recognize that Daft Punk is what makes this song great. Even Kanye's video has an homage to the characters in the "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" video. (For those who haven't seen this, its part of "Intersella," a funky anime film that features the entire Discovery album, from beginning to end. Click the title of this post to see the video on YouTube.)

"Around the World" clued me in to Daft Punk, but 2001's Discovery album, especially "HBFS," did me in.

No comments:

Blog Archive